$6.3 million Grant Announced From JPMorgan Chase
On January 17, 2014, the JPMorgan Chase Foundation announced a $6.3 million grant to help people gain access to safe and affordable housing. Dedicated to helping neighborhoods rebound through strategic community development, one third of the firm’s contributions will help minority residents in underserved communities. Programs will help first-time homebuyers, develop affordable housing, and prevent homelessness, specifically among veterans.
Through several non-profit agencies dedicated to helping first time homebuyers, veterans, and the homeless, JP Morgan Chase continues to help communities and individuals who are struggling. Programs will be administered in various languages. Grants have been awarded as follows:
- NeighborWorks America: $1.5 million to provide training and capacity-building assistance to hundreds of housing counseling providers across the country.
- LISC and Enterprise Community Partners: $2 million to support affordable housing predevelopment and preservation and strengthen programs that link affordable housing with economic development, workforce readiness and financial capability.
- National Council of La Raza, National Urban League and National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development: $1.8 million to support their housing counseling networks and other community development activity with particular attention to cultural competency.
- Housing Partnership Network: $450,000 to fund innovative programs that will aid homeowners facing the possibility of foreclosure and further develop and test Framework, an interactive online homebuyer education platform that appeals to a new generation of homebuyers.
- Community Solutions: $370,000 to help local civic leaders maximize available resources to provide housing for chronically homeless veterans through the 100,000 Homes campaign.
- The National Association of Latino Community Asset Builders: $250,000 to build on its Neighborhood Stabilization Program collaborative.
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.